I've teamed up with Mitsubishi Electric Australia to bring you three incredible recipes over the coming 3 weeks... all vegetarian, all easy and all PERFECT for Autumn!
This recipe is by: Ed Halmagyi, Chef and Brand Ambassador for Mitsubishi Electric Australia
Find out what Australian's thoughts are on the household economy, entertaining at home and kitchen design in the Mitsubishi Electric Home Trends Report 2018.
TARTINE OF WARMED SUMMER TOMATOES AND GOATS CHEESE
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mixed heirloom baby tomatoes
- ½ cup baby basil leaves
- 1 eschalot, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- ½ baguette, split and cut into four pieces
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 70g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Fry the garlic and thyme in olive oil in a pan over a moderate heat for 3 minutes, until aromatic. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, until the skins begin to blister. Drain the oil, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix in the basil, eschalot and pine nuts, then season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, toast the baguette pieces until golden and crisp, then spread with butter. Top with the tomato mixture and goats cheese.