Spiced Red Lentil Dhal
Recipes shared with me by The Orange Pantry
- 1 cup of dried red lentils rinsed, drained
- 1 cup of pumpkin diced into 3cm cubes
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 tbs ghee or coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 shallots
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream, plus extra to serve
- Red chilli flakes
- 6 kale leaves
- Coriander leaves to serve
- Place lentils and pumpkin, cinnamon and 3 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Stir in the kale leaves
- Remove from heat and discard cinnamon
- Heat the ghee in a fry pan over medium -low heat. Add garlic and shallots, cook stirring for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the spices and cook for 20 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the spice mixture and coconut cream to the lentil mixture and stir to combine
Place dhal into separate bowls.
Top with extra coconut cream, chilli flakes, kale and coriander leaves