So lately I have been missing Rome and the amazing pizza I ate there. I have also been obsessed with Michelle Sanchez's recipes and have shared two over the past few weeks. This is the latest one I have tried out and it's a winner! Follow Michelle HERE and the recipe is below!
Potato & Blue Cheese Pizza
- 1/2 cups plain flour + extra for kneading
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 14g yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 12 rosemary sprigs (tender tips)
- 180g creamy blue cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- garlic cloves, finely sliced
- cracked pepper to serve
- Pour the warm water into a pouring jug. Place the yeast into the warm water and give it a gentle stir. Allow to rest for approx 10 minutes.
- Place the plain and wholemeal flour into a large mixing bowl, along with the salt. Stir to combine then make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast and olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon enough to combine, then tip it out onto a clean, floured surface. Knead the dough; as the dough becomes sticky, continue adding a sprinkle of flour. Continue this process for approx 5 minutes.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Put the bowl in a warm spot and allow to rest for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- While waiting for the dough, prepare the potatoes. Bring a pot of water to the boil. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes. Parboil for 10-12 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Slice thinly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease two large pizza trays. Take half the dough and roll it out to fit. Place on one of the trays and shape to fit. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, scatter with half the cheese. Add half the garlic slices, a layer of potatoes and top with half the rosemary sprigs. Repeat to make a second pizza. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- emove from the oven and top with dollops of blue cheese and cracked pepper.
Makes 2 large pizzas.