We all know I have a love of dates, so when Ed sent over this recipe for the blog I was super excited to give it a try. I can confirm it's perfectly matched with French Cheeses - but if you're stuck in Australia, give it a whirl with d'affinois cheese as I think it's incredible (from most supermarkets).
Find out what Australian's thoughts are on the household economy, entertaining at home and kitchen design in the Mitsubishi Electric Home Trends Report 2018.
PISTACHIO AND DATE LOAF WITH BRIE AND STONEFRUIT SALSA
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 3 days chilling | Cooking time: nil | Serves: 4
- 400g Medjool dates
- ¼ bunch thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp strong honey
- 2 tsp brandy
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- ½ cup pistachio kernels, lightly toasted and chopped
- 2 peaches, seeded and diced
- 2 apricots seeded and diced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- ¼ bunch marjoram leaves
- 2 Tbsp pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp raspberry vinegar
- 200g Brie
- Remove the date pits, then cut into quarters. Combine in a bowl with the thyme, honey and brandy, then season generously with salt and pepper. Mash gently, then set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in the pistachios.
- Spoon the date mixture into a lined 20cm cake tin and press firmly. Place a disc of cardboard on top and weight down to press. Refrigerate for 3 days to set.
- Mix the fruit, marjoram, icing sugar and vinegar. Unmould the date loaf and slice thinly. Serve with fruit salsa and Brie