Maple-Vanilla Overnight Oat Bowls
VEGETARIAN & GLUTEN FREE
Oats are one of those breakfasts I can eat day in and day out and never get tired of, particularly chilled overnight oats. While these bowls require some forethought and advance planning, the result is a tiny gift to your future self. Mix up the oats in the evening, let them soak in the fridge overnight, and breakfast is waiting for you when you wake up. Subtly sweet maple and vanilla-scented oats, softened with milk and yogurt, are ready to be spooned into your favorite bowl and topped with a pile of fruit and nuts.
- 1½ cups (355 ml) milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 cup (240 g) plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (120 g) old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons (18 g) chia seeds
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 fresh figs, quartered
- Chopped pistachios
- Nut butter
- Whisk together the milk, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the oats and chia seeds; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, stir the oat mixture together and divide among bowls. Top with banana, figs, and pistachios. Drizzle with nut butter.
Buddha Bowls © 2018 Quarto Publishing Group USA Inc. Text © 2018 Kelli Foster. First Published in 2018 by The Harvard Common Press, an imprint of The Quarto Group, 100 Cummings Center, Suite 265-D, Beverly, MA 01915, USA.