Jalapeno Zucchini Salad
This vegan jalapeno and zucchini salad is super refreshing with citrus flavours. It's perfect as a side dish and I like it on wraps with fried tofu - see below for more ideas for serving this dish or Gently Vegan for more vegan recipes like this one!
- 350 g zucchini ( approx. 3 cups cut round slices)
- 60 g kale (approx.. two leaves finely chopped no stalks )
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 160 mil lemon juice
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1/3 cup plain coconut yoghurt (I used Coyo)
- NutriBullet or Blender
- This recipe is all done on the stove top.
- Rinse chickpeas and put them in a frypan, place to one side.
- Steam Zucchini until just soft around 5-6 minutes.
- Add Kale to steamer with Zucchini and steam for approximately another 2 minutes, its really important not to over cook these two ingredients as they will keep cooking in the final stages.
- Take off the stovetop.
- Add Kale and Zucchini to Chickpeas in the fry pan, keep to one side.
- Cut Jalapeño in half and remove seeds.
- In your NutriBullet or blender combine lemon juice, coriander, mint, Jalapeño and coconut yoghurt.
- Now add to fry pan and heat all ingredients, bring to a simmer for a minute or two and serve.
This dish is lovely served on rice, quinoa or with a baked sweet potato.
It also keeps well in the fridge for lunch the next day. The recipe serves 2 as a main and 4 as a side dish.
Recipe by Catherine Carr