If you ask me, the key to healthy eating is being prepared for healthy snacking. All too often, good intentions fall to the wayside when we're searching for a quick snack. I like protein balls as they remind me of cookie dough, without the kazillion grams of sugar! Here's my favourite hemp protein ball recipe from the legends at https://www.hempfoods.com.au/
Cacao & Hemp Protein Balls
- ½ cup hemp foods Australia Hemp flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 2 tablespoon hemp foods Australia Hemp protein powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Place all of the protein ball ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Combine the decorating ingredients in a small bowl.
- Roll the protein ball mixture into tablespoon sized balls and roll in decorating mixture to coat well. Place on a baking paper lined tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.