The final recipe in my Hemp Recipe series features a pesto that is perfect to keep in the fridge at all times. I use mine for pasta, pizza, bruchetta, foccacia topping and lots more. As usual, i use https://www.hempfoods.com.au/ as the oil is so pungent and packed full of nutty goodness.
- ¼ cup hemp foods Australia hemp seeds
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 small garlic cloves large
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 pinch oregano *to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan *optional
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Place hemp seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly toast hemp seeds, stirring frequently to ensure they don’t burn.
- Place the toasted hemp seeds, pine nuts, basil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and Parmesan (if using dairy) into a food processor. Process until the mixture forms a crunchy paste.
- Add the hemp oil slowly with the motor running until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt to taste.