Hemp... what a magical plant. It's important to realise that hemp isn't marijuana - they're like plant cousins! Hemp has a tonne of uses such as making clothing, plastic, paper and in this case, food oils! Over the coming weeks I will be featuring recipes using one of my favourite hemp products, Hemp Oil. I get mine from www.hempfoods.com.au
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup hemp foods Australia Hemp flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate shaved
- 1 handful edible flowers
- Place a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the berries, lemon juice and maple syrup. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until berries are soft.
- Combine the hemp flour, milk and egg in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the batter. Swirl the pan around until you have a thin crepe, then cook for 1 minute or until golden on each side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top the crepes with the cooked berries, yoghurt, chocolate and edible flowers.