Another amazing recipe from the book, Vegan Yack Attack On The Go! This is a BLT with a difference, a very delicious, VEGAN difference! To get the coconut bacon recipe, check out the Vegan Yack Attack blog... it's really quite simple!
COCONUT BLT + P
Gluten-free option | Soy-free option | nut free | oil free | makes 4
- 8 slices sourdough bread (or use gluten free, if necessary)
- 5 tablespoons (70 g) vegan mayo, soy free if necessary
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 thin slices large tomato
- 1 cup (160 g) sliced peaches
- ¾ cup (50 g) Coconut Bacon (page 195 of the Vegan Yack Attack, On the Go book)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Lay out the 8 pieces of bread, and spread roughly 2 teaspoons (9 g) of vegan mayo on one side of each slice. Layer 2 leaves of lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, ¼ cup (40 g) peach slices, 3 tablespoons (4 g) Coconut Bacon, and a pinch of black pepper on 4 of the slices. Then top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Serve, or wrap up for your lunch box.
Text © 2018 Jackie Sobon. First Published in 2018 by Fair Winds Press, an imprint of The Quarto Group, 100 Cummings Center, Suite 265-D, Beverly, MA 01915, USA.