This amazing recipe was shared with me by VEGAN YACK ATTACK, an AMAZING food blog, run by Jackie Sobon. The blog covers everything from indulgent desserts, to healthy dinners, and even raw recipes! She also has amazing cookbooks - get over and get yourself some new favourite recipes!
CAMPFIRE BANANA SPLITS
gluten free | nut free | oil free | makes 4
These aren’t your average banana splits! Think warm, melty, sweet, and maybe even a little gooey—if that adjective doesn’t put you off too much. These sweet treats are kid-friendly and great for cooking around a fire anywhere - even in your backyard!
- 4 bananas
- 3⁄4 cup (70 g) vegan mini-marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup (55 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup (120 g) sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon vegan sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the grill to 375oF (190oC), or make a camp re with an area for indirect heat, over hot coals.
- Keeping the banana peels on, slice halfway through each banana, lengthwise. Next, stu each banana with vegan marshmallows, chocolate chips, and sweet cherries. Wrap each banana in foil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, allowing them to cool for 2 minutes before unwrapping them. Garnish with sprinkles, if using, and serve.
Note: If you don't like cherries, you can make this recipe with raspberries or chopped strawberries instead!